Sunday, June 25, 2006

Lemon Curd Cake

Here is a miniature version of the Lemon Curd Cake that we made last week in our pastry class. This is actually my first attempt at the rosemary lemoncello marscapone cake for Shaun's wedding. The cake batter was flavored with fresh minced rosemary and rosemary essential oil from the SF Farmer's market. I brushed each layer with a lemoncello cake syrup and put a marscapone whipped cream filling between each layer. Unfortunately when I tried to use this mixture for the crumb coat, it became very grainy so I covered that with a whipped cream and cream cheese frosting... which I didn't overbeat this time. After slicing it, I decided that this particular cake is too moist for a cake syrup. But it did look pretty. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment