Thursday, June 29, 2006

Charlotte Russe (Day 4)

Here's the Charlotte Russe I didn't bring home. My refrigerator is bulging with dessert options. Tomorrow will be really stressful trying to decide which desserts to bring home and which donate to the nuns who visit a couple of times a week to gather donations for their local hospital.

Today we worked on raspberry and chocolate mousse cakes, a passion fruit tart, and more. I'll at least take pictures tomorrow of the ones I don't bring home.

The Charlotte Russe is composed of the lady fingers I described a couple of days ago, and a bottom disk made with the same batter. The center is filled with diplomat cream (a mixture of pastry cream and whipped cream). All of that is frozen until it is firm enough to unmold. Then we refrigerated it until time to decorate the top. Here you can see we were working with apricots, peaches, mangoes, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. I glazed all except the blueberries. Then when I sprinkled on the powdered sugar, the glaze absorbed the sugar on all the fruits except the blueberries. Pretty clever!

No comments:

Post a Comment